Thank you for your interest in the World Trade Center Tacoma, but there are no job openings available at this time. However, please see below for information on our internship program, which may be of interest.
The World Trade Center (WTC) Tacoma offers internship opportunities in the Fall, Winter and Spring/Summer. Traditional internships are one academic-quarter/semester commitments, with the possibility of extension. However, we are always looking for people interested in longer-term internships which allow us the opportunity to create and execute targeted and more in-depth projects.
The traditional time-frames are outlined below:
- Winter Internship: January through May
- Spring/Summer Internship: June through August
- Fall Internship: September through December
The internship program is designed to help bridge the gap between the academic environment and the future work environment. Potential interns at the WTC Tacoma are expected to follow the guidelines below:
- Commitment of at least 1 quarter/semester with 10-20 hours per week.
- Strong interest in international trade
- Strong ability to conduct research and analysis
- Ability to take initiative and be execution-oriented
- Detail oriented, able to work independently and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in the English language – foreign languages are a plus
- Possess intermediate to advanced computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Access and Internet)
- Ability to work with others and respect each other’s culture and background
- Enthusiastic and eager to learn
- Participate in programs and events
- Provide general administrative assistance to staff
- Prepare monthly time sheets and activity/progress reports
Intern responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Events: Assist in all aspects of event planning including pre-event PR (press releases, flyers, etc), set-up, break down and staffing at events
Member Services: Maintain, update and enhance WTC Tacoma’s database, assist in running reports and membership correspondence
International Trade: Conduct market research projects utilizing available resources within specified deadlines, keep research material current and provide value-added trade services to members
Perform other office duties as assigned
For more information, please contact:
Angela Koenes, Internship Coordinator
To apply, please complete the form below and attach the required documents. The Letter of Recommendation should be from a Professor or previous employer. Please note a school transcript may be requested if credit is earned for the internship.
[contact-form-7 id=”1351″ title=”Intern Application”]