Washington Winery For Sale
Bio: Founded in 1988, this American small family winery has remained independently owned and operated by the Facelli family. Grapes are sourced from some of the finest vineyards in the Columbia Valley, Red Mountain, and Yakima Valley appellations. Their focus is on single vineyard, 100% varietal wines produced in small quantities to showcase each vintage’s unique characteristics. The current production of 2,000 cases per year consists of 17 wines from 13 different varietals.
All wines are produced, bottled and stored at the winery under optimum conditions. All equipment is top of the line to ensure high quality wines and bottling standards. This Washington winery is carrying over its experience to a new owner in a complete turn-key operation. The current owner will stay on as a consultant, if desired, to make for a smooth transition in ownership. This offer represents a rare opportunity to purchase a superb winery in the much sought-after Washington wine country.
About the business Founded in 1988, this small family winery has remained independently owned and operated by the family. Grapes are sourced from renowned vineyards in the Columbia Valley, Red Mountain, and Yakima Valley appellations. The unique combination of climate, soil, and topography together form to create an unmatched growing environment that produces grapes of exceptional quality and character. By selecting fruit from these mature vineyards, Facelli best ensures exceptional flavor and balance in all its wines. All grapes are handpicked, hand sorted, and gently processed. Their focus is on single vineyard, 100% varietal wines produced in small quantities to better feature each vintage’s distinctive characteristics. The winery extends its family values by maintaining an honest respect for everyone working in the vineyards. This philosophy has built longstanding relationships with growers. These time-tested relationships have proven to be invaluable in its quality assurance for the best fruit nature can provide. Current production of 2,000 cases consists of 17 wines from 13 different varietals, including cabernet sauvignon, chardonnay, merlot, cabernet franc, syrah, sangiovese, lemberger, and fumé blanc. All wines are produced, bottled and stored at the winery under optimum conditions. Plans are underway to increase production and expand into new markets. The family’s passion for making fine wine is unparalleled. They are thankful for their customers and friends that have supported them throughout the years. Through their support, Facelli was able to grow into an outstanding winery in prime Washington wine country. Investment Objectives: The owners’ 34 years of experience has enabled them to continuously refine their winemaking methods to produce exquisite wines. Their specialized knowledge of winemaking will be transferred over to the new owner, along with their two trademarks and closely-guarded intellectual property. To make for a smooth transition in ownership, the current owner is willing to stay on as a consultant if desired. The winery would like an investor who can take over the complete operation of the winery. The current lease is for 1 year beginning August 1, 2015 with existing tenant, Facelli winery, with option to renew.
All Production and Bottling equipment is oversized for several reasons: Quality & Flexibility.
- Larger models of equipment generally have features that smaller versions of the same units do not.
- Larger models allow for greater trucking efficiencies for hauling grapes to the winery.
- The equipment can quickly process larger volumes of fruit per day, especially when harvest conditions are less than ideal.
- All fruit handling is done gently with gravity flow for quality reasons, no pumps or augers to damage fruit.
- All fruit is hand-picked & hand-sorted for quality.
- Winery maintains its own bottling line in house, so wines are bottled at their optimum time. No reliance on outside companies to bottle.
- Private labeling gives buyers the opportunity to make their branded wines. This is useful for events, gift basket retailers, hotels and more.
- Easily expand production by adding tanks and barrels. No need to purchase and learn new equipment when floor-space is expanded
- Bottling capability: Assume 10,000 case production. By bottling 500 cases/day, it would only take 20 days per year to bottle 10,000 cases.
- Bottled wine inventory, 2014 vintage is unlabeled to accommodate new owner’s wishes.
- All equipment, much of it custom designed to facilitate gentle fruit handling to ensure highest quality. Easily relocated if desired.