Detour is one of the most successful protein brands in North America and is poised to enter the Chinese market. Detour’s heritage is unmatched and respected like few other brands in the quickly growing nutrition marketplace. Designed by an Olympic silver medalist, Detour invented the modern high quality, great tasting American protein bar, selling over 400 million bars since 2002.
The bars are manufactured in state-of-the-art US and Canadian facilities independently certified to ensure only the highest standards for ingredient safety, process controls and total product quality. Forward Foods, LLC is the parent company of Detour Protein. Forward Foods is respected internationally and has an established record of building strong relationships and profitable business partnerships. Growing global demand for natural and healthy Detour products creates an opportunity for rapid growth. Forward Foods is looking for strong distributors to help them reach potential customers in China and assist them in exporting and distributing their product.
Detour Bar has been reshaping the nutrition protein bar industry by offering its consumers more than 10 flavors that are all made with simple, functional ingredients. These great tasting bars are available in both full-size and snack size making them a perfect on the go snack or a meal replacement, and to refuel your body. Detour Bars are Non-GMO, made with nothing artificial (clean ingredients), gluten-free, and packed with amino acids and high-quality whey protein to help you reach your fitness goals. Benefits of the Detour Bar Consuming high-protein foods has many benefits, including:
- Speeding recovery after exercise
- Reducing muscle loss
- Building lean muscle
- Helping you maintain a healthy weight
- Curbing hungerWhy Whey? (Not Soy): Whey protein is a high-quality, complete protein that is naturally found in dairy. The protein in whey is very efficient at helping you build and maintain muscle. It is also great for training and regular consumption, with multiple benefits including weight maintenance. Whey protein, unlike soy protein, is a complete protein. Whey contains all of the essential amino acids, which are vital to your metabolism, proper body function, good health, and good energy.DETOUR NUTRITIONDETOUR SMART BARS
Target Market Forward Foods, LLC’s Detour Bar has grown in popularity due to its simple ingredients and nutritional prowess. The variety of flavors and sizes that the Detour Bar offers has allowed this protein bar to become popular amongst retailers such as Costco International and Body Building.com, among others. Forward Foods, LLC is looking to expand their business by finding distributors to market their product. Forward Foods, LLC is looking to market their product to…
- Fitness Clubs and Gyms
- High-End Grocery Stores
- Health Food Stores and Nutrition Stores
- Convenience StoresMarket Statistics
- Between 2008 and 2012 the China snack bar market doubled to US $41.8m (2013) with another 9% annual growth expected by 2018 accounting for US $67.9m in retail sales.
- China’s market for healthy snacks tripled in size between 2010 and 2014.
- According to the Beijing University of Science and Technology, recent profit margins for healthy snacks have risen to 40% from 25% in 2006.
- The sports nutrition market is expected to almost double in the next five years, with 9% of this growth expected in the protein bar category.
- A study by Mintel, which examines new product launches and follows market trends through its Global New Product Database (GMPD) showed that over a 10 year period Chinese consumers preferred low/no/reduced sugar items over low/no/reduced fat or low/no/reduced calorie offerings.
- China’s overall weight management category is expected to experience steady value growth in the years ahead, driven by a continued demand for slimming products among Chinese consumers. Rising disposable incomes, growing health consciousness, and improved body awareness will fuel the demand. The meal replacement/slimming product category, although relatively new to the Chinese consumers, grew 17% in 2011. Increasing awareness within the Chinese population of the role protein plays in lean muscle maintenance and healthy aging is helping protein-based products sell.
- Within China, the largest geographical market in the weight management sector will continue to be southern China, with a predicted market value of US $444.6 million by 2016, followed by eastern China, with a forecasted value of US $407.2 million.
Great Tasting Flavors Featured Protein Bar in Top Publications: Awarded Protein Bar of the Year by: Used by top Professional athletes: